Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A miracle in minature...

On my route to work there has been a stretch of roadworks for a few months now while they construct a new cycle path. Nothing too unusual there, except that this morning I witnessed something really unexpected.

During daylight hours, they reduce the road to single lane traffic controlled by a set of mobile traffic lights which, of course, were red when I approached them this morning. Unsurprisingly, they stayed red while our queue gazed on and watched absolutely bugger all approach from the opposite direction. In fact, it wasn't until another car eventually approached from the other side that the lights changed to stop him and let us through.

I have to say that I was impressed to see that they've managed to transfer the traditional logic from real traffic lights to the mobile ones...

No comments: