Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Clear skies ahead...

I could write all night about the amazing scenery as we drove from Santa Fe through New Mexico and into Arizona, but I'll save it until I get the photos on Flickr or somewhere similar. Most importantly, we've finally left the rain behind and the long awaited sunshine came out to greet us to the southern leg of our journey.

As a result of another spontaneous change last night, we decided to bring forward something from next weeks agenda and I now need to update the 30 things list as I add Mexico to the countries I've visited. That said, I can't say that I've really seen Mexico; having spent around 25 minutes wandering around being constantly hassled by touts to buy dubious Rolex watches, genuine Mexican jewellery and pharmaceutical products of all descriptions, we decided we'd seen enough and headed back to the border.

We headed back north to a little town called Tubac just north of the Mexican border where they had an intriguing collection of sculptures. We also stopped off at this point for some genuine Mexican Green Chilli Stew which went down very well despite it being around 97 in the shade!

This afternoon we headed up Madera Canyon where aside from the beautiful views over Green Valley (here he goes with his scenery again), we got a chance to check out some of the local wildlife.

Early night tonight in preparation for another early start tomorrow, but all being well we'll get to San Diego for lunchtime to see what delights await us there...

3 comments:

Karate Jim said...

This post wasn't here this morning, but you updated this yesterday, so for you I guess I read it tomorrow! Cool!

Anonymous said...

I noted you checked out the local "wildlife". A euphamism, or was it just the local flora and fauna ? Regardless you are obviously haveing a great time.
PS Your Friday dinner date sends her love and says she's gagging for a pint.

Seany said...

Sis - I keep changing the post times so they appear as I write them here, but that could be between 6 and 8 hours away from you guys!

Wildlife? Well we've just booked into a hotel full of college girls. Hmmm. Friday dinner date? Either this is a paternal "anonymous" or I may have to catch the next flight home!