Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Mist again...

I guzzled down my breakfast and flew out of the door having misheard our local weather and travel bulletin this morning, but instead of embarking on a right old piss up, it was a right old pea-souper - an' no mistake Guv'.

I've posted once before about Barnetby Top junction on the M180 and that some days it could boast thick fog on the brightest and sunniest of days, but today was something really special. It was so thick I could barely see the inside of my glasses.

Following quite a pleasant day, weather-wise at least, I was surprised to see it had descended again tonight to accompany my trip home. The combination of thick fog and darkness meant that by this time I could barely see the inside of my corneae, but there's little else to do but get your driving lights on, keep a sharp watch on the road ahead and try your best home as quick as possible, but more importantly, in one piece.

Rather unlike the moron who flew past me at over 70mph on the wrong side of a single carriageway road with no possible means of knowing what was ahead of him. Why? I haven't the foggiest...

1 comment:

Karate Jim said...

Where would the world be without people like that to annoy people like us? They come from the same breed of people who put their fog lights on when it is slightly misty. Let's hope they don't continue driving till they are 90, because they are also the ones who will reverse off their drive a bit too fast and knock half of your house down!