Sunday, September 04, 2005

Zzz... zzz... zzz...

I'm not convinced whether internet health advice sites are a good thing or not. I suppose it has to be down to the individual and how much you are prepared to talk yourself into the worst possible diagnosis you can find.

For example, after a bit of research on the net around this time last year, I was able to walk into my GP's surgery and ask him to check out a lump which I had already decided was an umbilical hernia, but about which I wanted a professional opinion. Having confirmed this, he arranged for surgery and I was able to find out everything I needed to know long before I arrived at the hospital which meant I was a lot calmer about the whole episode than I might have been otherwise. A case for the defence I think.

Over the last few days, I have had little more than a common cold but have been finding it incredibly difficult to stay awake. Talking to someone about it this afternoon, I realised that I have only been awake for around 4 or 5 of the last 40 hours or so which even if under the weather, takes me a little over my usual 8 hour requirement.

If I believed everything I've read on the net so far though, that would make me a depressed, overweight, alcoholic narcoleptic. Hmm, doesn't sound much like me - I've no reason at all to feel depressed, although I could always do with shedding a few more pounds and everybody knows I'm partial to the occasional tipple. Maybe I should just heed the heart-felt advice from Dave that I'm probably "just a lazy fat bastard!". Cheers Dave!

Anyway, I haven't got time to think about it right now as I'm feeling bright and wide awake at the moment and I need to start drinking a few gallons of coffee to make sure I make it to my old mate's wedding reception tonight.

Or perhaps I could just grab another 40 winks in the meantime... zzz... zzz...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell the truth Seany...it was the scintillating England game yesterday.It did the same for me; I slept thro' much of the 'game'.
Either that or the Brains Mild I consumed yesterday.
The sleep issue might be the result of the change in seasons.However, we are experiencing a change of seasons several times a day...just blame stress...it's fashionable!
Dec.

Seany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seany said...

We don't have the luxury of Sky Sports here so I actually missed the entire match. Or, judging by the reviews today, it would seem that I didn't miss anything, I just didn't watch it!

As for stress, I've got far too many other things to worry about right now without that...