Thursday, July 07, 2005

WTF...

There are no excuses for the events today in central London and I doubt there is anything I can say that will help the situation, but my thoughts are with the families of those lost and injured as a result of these mindless actions.

I will say how highly commendable the emergency services appear to be in dealing with the situation both quickly and efficiently.

Unfortunately, I am quite disgusted by a most unlikely source - the BBC news reporters (or at least a good selection of them). Heaven knows, there have been sufficient atrocities to report on in recent years and yet the idiot doing his piece to camera still seems to have a tourettes-style approach to asking the bloody obvious when there is clearly no need.

"Here we have a young man who was trapped in one of the underground trains at the time of the first explosion. Tell me, how did you feel when the bomb went off?"

Please, stop right there. Engage brain before opening mouth. That is not journalism, it's sensationalism. How on earth do you think he felt and what exactly do you expect him to say?

It's not often I have anything too serious to say on this blog, but for fucks sake...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I heard similar questions, like "was your family relieved to hear that you were safe?"..."Well, no, they had their hearts set on a slow and painful death for me..." As you said, WTF...