Sunday, July 31, 2005

Still here then...

I realise the blog has been a bit neglected again over the last couple of weeks, but it's been a busy time on all fronts with parties, barbies, resignations, re-organisations and all manner of other exciting things taking place. None of which directly affect me other than increased workload and the increased need (ok, desire) for beer consumption. Tough job, but I might just be the man to do it.

Unsurprisingly, the one factor that remains unchanged is the house purchase. Yes we're still waiting for his solicitor to send a bit of paper to my solicitor. In fact just to get things moving, I rang mine on Friday. I then rang the estate agent, who rang the seller, who rang his solicitor, got the papers posted, then rang the estate agent back, who rang me, who updated my solicitor that he should see some activity by Tuesday.

A good job all of these people are working for nothing isn't it. No wait a minute, I'm the only one in this chain who isn't making any money out of the deal and yet I'm doing all of the pushing. No wonder they say it is one of the most stressful times you will encounter.

Hmmm, I can feel another pint of Hobgoblin heading this way...

No comments: