Wednesday, July 06, 2005

What a load of...

In between some drivel or other on TV last night, I was unsurprisingly drawn to an advert featuring the delightful Claudia Schiffer.

Now I've been working around (not wearing) cosmetics for 10 years, loitering with dubious intent on the fringes of the fashion industry, but every now and then even my boundaries of belief are challenged.

Before I go on, I should clarify that I haven't tried this L'Oreal product, predominantly in case it actually does work and I start to look like Claudia, in which case I would probably never leave my bed again, let alone the house.

No, my problem is with this item is the special wrinkle-freeing ingredient or more accurately it's name, "Boswelox". Bo-swe-lox. Is that the best they could dream up?

Hardly evocative of Ms Schiffer's indisputably clear complexion is it? Sounds to me like a load of old "Cobb-swe-lers"...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bo-swe-lox - sounds like something you should be soaking nappies in...

Seany said...

But imagine how soft and wrinkle-free those nappies would be...