Friday, December 31, 2004

What a year...

As in most previous years, I have no intention of joining the drunken masses seeing the New Year in. It still leaves me 364 days to celebrate the arrival of 2005.

After a quiet start, 2004 as been a very eventful yearfor me:
  • 1st April I was promoted at work to take charge of an additional department (yes, I had my reservations about the date too)
  • 15th May saw the arrival of my nephew who is already becoming a great little character
  • On 12th June I had the pleasure of being Best Man at Andy & Anjie's wedding - worth every minute of the wait
  • July saw the beginning of a new relationship. Sadly she went the same way as her predecessors within a couple of months!
  • August was my first (and hopefully last) operation. Nothing too serious, but it meant 4 weeks off work - another first. I also finally paid off a long-standing loan, paving the way to get back on the property market next year
  • September my niece started school (but it doesn't seem 5 minutes, etc., etc.) . This month also saw the arrival of my new car - nothing exciting just a newer version of the same
  • October I was promoted again - this time to a role which much better suits my chosen career path. A lot happier at work now.
  • November I started blogging - and I didn't think I would have kept at it this long!
So who knows what 2005 has in store? I always say that I'm not going to drink or smoke any more. Usually followed by the statement that I'm not going to drink or smoke any less either!

I could really do with quitting smoking though. Apart from the obvious health benefits, it costs a bloody fortune now and no-smoking areas are forever on the increase. I object to not having the freedom of choice, but if I can stop again then I don't suppose I'll care!

Well here's wishing you all the best for 2005 & good luck with whatever resolutions you've made.

Meanwhile I've a half-finished pack of cigs somewhere that need finishing before midnight...

No comments: