Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Seemed like a good idea...

I'm ashamed to admit that I've spent the last two weeks being particularly smug, listening in great amusement to everyones horrific tales of their Christmas shopping experiences this year.

This year, I chose to complete my shopping from the comfort of my PC screen and avoided all the crowded stores, lack of parking spaces, not to mention the temptation of buying completely unsuitable and unwanted items.

I usually manage to buy all of my presents in one trip anyway, but this year chose to avoid that once-a-year- mega-stressful day and ordered everything over the net.

It occurs to me now that I now face 17 further stressful days before the big one wondering when the hell everything is going to turn up and just to add to the excitement we have the festive postal strikes looming. Oh Joy!

Despite my original good intentions (and unwillingness to get any nearer into town than our local hostelry), I will probably still end up queuing up on Christmas Eve to buy gift vouchers in the place of the well thought out presents that had only taken me 11 months to decide upon.

Fingers crossed...

No comments: