Saturday, February 24, 2007

Radar love...



Following some early mornings and ridiculously late nights in the office this week, I calculated that by Friday lunchtime I'd worked over 20 hours more than I will get paid for. On this basis, I agreed with my boss that I shouldn't feel entirely guilty about taking Friday afternoon off, or at least sloping off a couple of hours early.

Rather than head straight to the Tap (as everyone would predict) I decided to stop off in town and pick up a replacement for my rather battered looking earring. Not a lot to ask really, a plain capped gold earring to match the war torn one I already had and not overly fussed if it was for gents or ladies (the only difference apparently being that ladies have two ears to our one).

Unbelievably, it wasn't until I reached the last jewellers in the town centre that I not only found what I was looking for, but found someone prepared to bother looking. Perhaps it is the years I spent working in customer services that have left me with expectations too high...

1 comment:

Karate Jim said...

Yes, I think years' of customer service work does leave you with sadly unrealistic expectations. It also taught me never to believe my gas bill and not to bank where my nosey friends work!