Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's alright for some...

I can't imagine what is must feel like to wake up on a Monday morning knowing that you don't have to go to work any more, but that is the well-earned luxury that awaits Mum tomorrow.

Having left work for the last time on Saturday afternoon, I'm pleased to report that her efforts over the last 11 years in that particular job were rightfully rewarded and her house is probably displaying more flowers than the local Interflora.

We both enjoyed one of Dave's delicious specials from the menu after which we joined a great turnout of the regulars for a few drinks and rather a few too many flavoured sambuccas.

So no prizes for guessing todays main activity for me, but I'll say that it involved not moving very far and expelling a lot of "z"s...

2 comments:

Cherrypie said...

I've got a bottle of Sambucca sitting at the back of my cupboard from my last trip to Rome. Wicked stuff.

Glad you got chance to celebrate and take your foot off the pedal if only briefly.

Seany said...

Thanks Cherrypie - this coming weekend should be fun too with a birthday party full of seven year olds.

No silly drinks this time (even though Mum will be there too!), that's unless I can get an unguarded supply of dandelion & burdock from somewhere...