Sunday, July 06, 2008

I would have written sooner...

You would have thought that with a week off work, I would have found a bit of time to pop on here and keep you updated with what's happening but I seem to have been a bit preoccupied.

Where were we last? Right, Tuesday and I'd just finished treating the fence. Well after a quick trip out first thing Wednesday morning, I picked the folks up for a tour of a few garden local centres. No I can't believe I spent any of my holiday doing that either, but all is well with the world - I still don't enjoy the places much. Still, it did provide an excuse to take them out for a spot of lunch which was dutifully washed down with a few well chosen ales.

Friday's events started with a phone call from the most experienced member of my team saying that he'd put his notice in. Sure it was disappointing but there was little I could do about it before returning on Monday so I set forth for the real ale trail in Grimsby and Cleethorpes I'd been planning with Rich and Delcatto. Needless to say, a good time, delicious fish & chips and a plethora of tasty ales were had by all.

Yesterday was my chance to get the usual weekly household chores and shopping done before settling down for the evening to discover the fate of Doctor Who and his companions (and then of course flipping over to BBC3 to catch all of the happenings behind the scenes in Doctor Who Confidential).

I thought I would probably get around to posting something this evening, but then I flicked the TV over just to see how the men's Wimbledon final was shaping up. Even though I only joined it towards the end of the fourth set, I have never seen the like of it in my life - it was an awesome match; both players on excellent form and worthy champions in their own right.

And I guess it's too late to start writing now, so I guess I'll have to leave the blog for another day...

No comments: