Tuesday, October 09, 2007

As if nothing had happened...

We got home late Sunday night after a fantastic weekend away with the family.

Then I woke up yesterday morning to discover I'd brought home a cold as a souvenir and spent one of my last remaining days off work sniffling over the ironing and coughing and sneezing all over Tescos. I think I've said before that the man-flu thing doesn't really work as well when you live on your own - stuff still has to get done.

It seems to have been slinging down with rain from the moment I got home.

I returned to the office this morning to see work had piled up as if I'd been away for a week or more.

Looks like everything's back to normal. On the plus side, I guess that means I'll be doing "the usual thing" in the pub this weekend then...

3 comments:

delcatto said...

Rugby and beer then.
I hope the wee 'uns didn't run you ragged.

Seany said...

Exactly, and let's hope that England continue their recent "usual thing".

Oh, and the kids did their usual trick of giving me an excuse to behave 30-odd years younger!

Karate Jim said...

It is a bit depressing when the weekend goes by so quickly that before you know it, you are back doig the same old mind-numbing stuff. Glad I did something different this week. :oD Might do some drinking myself this weekend.