Sunday, September 24, 2006

Protein overdose...

Today's lunch has been brought to me by the words "tap", "meat draw", "George Foreman grill" and the sound "hmmm".

For the second week running, I've bagged the mixed grill prize in the pub meat draw and for the second time, I've greatly over-estimated the amount I can comfortably eat in one meal.

The prize itself consists of two rump steaks, pork steaks, gammon steaks, lamb chops, six linconlshire sausages and a couple of tomatoes, so I didn't think it unreasonable to freeze half and grill the other half with a couple of fried eggs. I'm pleased I didn't bother with any chips, mushrooms or onion rings as it was all I could do to eat the miniature farm that was laid out before me.

I really don't antipate much activity taking place this afternoon and can't remember feeling this disgracefully over-nourished since, erm..., last weekend...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....oh that poor ole treadmill will be doing overtime knowing you.......not lol !

Cherrypie said...

I'm pleased I read this today and not yesterday, while I was enjoying a cheese triangle sandwich in one hand and an iron in the other. It might have been enough to send me over the edge.

Seany said...

The only threat to the treadmill right now Fil is once the grill pack has gone, I might attempt to eat it!

Cherrypie - I wouldn't even interrupt a cheese triangle sandwich for ironing!

The Quacks of Life said...

you on a diet Seany?

sounds like heaven to me!!

Seany said...

I've been trying for a while to get back to my original weight Pete, but I'm starting to suspect my target of 6lb 2oz is a little ambitious...