Sunday, October 05, 2008

Rise and shine...

Having spent the best part of the last week recovering from man-flu the last thing I really should have been doing is messing around outside in the cold and rain early this morning.

That said, I'm sure the last thing my neighbours wanted was to be woken by my garage alarm going off about 6:00am this morning following a power cut (not that it was the only one I hasten to add).

And it's not as though you can go back to sleep once your mind starts racing through all of the gizmos and gadgets that will need resetting, or worse still, how long to leave it before doing a mercy dash to save the contents of the fridge and freezer

Still at least I've done my bit for energy conservation by consuming absolutely no electricity whatsoever for at least an hour and a half this morning...


5 comments:

delcatto said...

I feel sorry for the Borg who live in your area. Quietly plugged into the mains and the power goes down. How can they aim for dominion of the world without a reliable electrickery supplier. I hope they write to their MP's.

Paul said...

Hi Seany. If you still keep getting cravings then check out electronic cigarettes. I'm definately getting one of those come payday. :-)

Cherrypie said...

Coo-ee. It's me. Close neighbour, distant friend, remember?

I'm sorry I've not called. It's complicated. Actually, it isn't. I got busy.

I also get a bit jaded with the blog. Didn't have the time to do it justice, so did it zilch.

I can't promise to be reliable. It's not that I don't care.

Hope you understand x

Seany said...

Delcatto - not sure if we have any Borg round these parts as its a fair trek into town

Jeremy - OK, it's nothing like that cold here yet, perspective rightly back in place!

Paul - Funnily enough I found one on line the other day but so far I've resisted buying it. So far...

Cherrypie - good to see the blog updated again! We always knew you'd be back again one day

Cherrypie said...

Thanks for the faith, mate. Or the inevitable. There's something reassuring in the assured X